Home » Youth Employment

Youth Employment

Working Papers

The Youth Employment Certificate, also known as "Working Papers" is required by any youth 12 to 15 years old and must be on file at the employer's place of business within three business days of the first day of employment.

Obtaining Working Papers  (12-15 year olds)

Once the youth finds a job, the employer will issue an "Employer's Request for Child Labor."

Now it is time to head to the Superintendent's Office.
We will need:
(1) Student and Parent/Legal Guardian
(2) the Employer's Request for Child Labor Form (should be provided by employer, available to print from link below)
(3) Verification of Adequate Health (can be printed from link below)
(4) the student's birth certificate or passport (proof of age).

We will then issue the Youth Employment Certificate (RSA 276-A:5), which the student takes back to the employer. 

Parental Permission (16-17 years old)

Employers are required to have on file at the work place, at the time employment begins, written permission by the parent or guardian of a 16 or 17 year old permitting the youth's employment. (RSA 276-A:4)


Employer Request for Child Labor (to be completed by employer)

Parental Permission for the Employment of Youth Age 16 or 17 

Verification of Adequate Health

 For more information click the links below:

NH Department of Labor - Youth Employment Law

NH Department of Labor - Youth Employment FAQ

Guide to Federal Child Labor Information for Employers